Saturday, March 1, 2014

Raisins

“We fry raisins.”

“I’m sorry?”

“Raisins.  We fry them in our spaghetti sauce.  It makes the sauce sweeter.”

“I’m sorry, do I know you?  I'm trying to read my book.”

“No.  I just thought you should know.”

“You thought a complete stranger should know that you fry raisins in your spaghetti sauce?”

“Have you ever tried it?”

“Raisins?”

“Yes. Have you ever tried frying them before you put the sauce in the pan?”

“No.”

“You should.  It’s delicious.”

“Okay, fine, I’ll try it sometime.”

“That’s how my mom always cooked them. Some people put sugar in the sauce, but my mom always fried raisins.”

“I guess that would work.”

“I just wanted you to know, that’s all.”

“Why?”

“Well, we’ve never met, but my mom gave you up for adoption when you were born. I just thought you should know how she made spaghetti.”

2 comments: