Monday, March 3, 2014

Promises

I've been holding off, 'cause I've been holding on
To everything that used to be, but I wanna' let go now
You have promised me, that beauty will come out of this
And though I cannot see it all, my broken heart with my hands I'll lift

[chorus:]
I don't know why You have made me this way
I don't see, but not a single doubt remains
I'll hold on to Your promises, because I know You promised
Something beautiful will come out of this

I've been chasing dreams, 'cause I've been chased by fear
I couldn't imagine all this, would happen to me this year
You have promised that new life would come out of this
And though I don't understand, my broken heart with my hands I'll lift

[chorus]

[bridge:]
I don't know why, and I certainly can't see
I'll hold on to the words You spoke, 'cause in this there is beauty

I can't know why You have made me this way
I can't see, but not a single doubt remains
I'll hold on to Your promises, because I know Your words promise
Something beautiful will come out of this

Something beautiful will come out of this

1 comment:

  1. That is really beautiful man. Stylistically, theologically, and poetically - it's really good!

    ReplyDelete